Tag: Family Conference Meeting
Listen to The Benefits of the Family Meeting
This week on Hull on Estate and Succession Planning, Suzana Popovic-Montag speaks with Rodney Hull about the benefits of holding a family meeting to discuss estate matters while the testator is still alive. They both extend their condolences to the family of Ted Rogers, who passed away today.
If you have any comments, send us an email at email@example.com or leave a comment on our blog.
During Hull on Estate and Succession Planning Episode 38, we discussed the process for ensuring a successful family conference including:
- the introduction and outline of process;
- the importance of caucuses and break-out sessions;
- the necessity for flexibility in the agenda and the family constitution to allow for the addition and revision of issues; and
- the importance of setting a future date if the family conference has not been concluded in one day.
During Hull on Estate and Succession Planning Episode 37, we discussed the steps that are followed during a Family Conference including:
- Doing your "homework" before the Family Conference;
- Preparing an agenda for the Family Conference to be circulated to members before the Family Conference;
- How to begin the Family Conference Meeting; and
- How the discussions during the Family Conference should be handled.