The “Why and What” of Leaving an Inheritance
More than one in four (27%) UK adults hope to leave enough money for their family or pets to live comfortably after they’re gone.
The more specific stats are as follows:
- Enough for family or pets to live comfortably 27%
- Enough to boost child/grandchild’s savings 19%
- Enough for child/grandchild to put a deposit on a house 15%
- Enough to fund child/grandchild through university 11%
- Enough to fund child/grandchild’s wedding 7%
With respect to the composition of their expected estates, "nearly two thirds of UK adults expect to have a property (63%). Of those, 55% expect the value of the home they leave to be worth £100k or more. Over half (51%) expect to leave jewellery, antiques and paintings and nearly one in ten (9%) expect to leave a business behind."
David M. Smith – Click here for more information on David Smith.